This is such a cool idea. I got nominated for a Liebster blog award by Esther from ipatchandquilt a short while ago. Had no idea what this was. So I googled. Here are the rules that I’ve found at In a Room of My Own:
The Liebster Blog Award is an award for blogs with under 200 followers. Apparently Liebster is German for “beloved” and a blog nominated for this award is “worth watching”.
There are 5 rules attached to this award:
1. If you are nominated for the award and accept it, then you have won!
2. Link back to the person who presented the award to you. Answer their questions.
3. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers who you feel deserve the award. Ask them questions.
4. Let the nominees know by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Attach the Liebster award badge to your site.
I’ve found other blogs with slightly different rules, but I think the spirit of the award remains the same. I’m happy for my nomination, and want to include others! So here goes:
Answering Esthers Questions:
- - What music do you put on when driving?
- Anything that makes me forget that I’m stuck in Toronto traffic – if I can sing at the top of my lungs, it’s all good!
- - What colour clothes do you always buy?
- I’m drawn to blue. Lately though I’m loving black and white geometric print…
- - What sound just “makes your day”?
- birds tweeting on a lazy sunday afternoon
- - What trip would you like to make whenever you had the chance?
- I’d love to go to QuiltCon (really, really, really!)
- - Which artist inspires you?
- A Thousand Quilted Cranes – a truly ambitious and inspirational undertaking. Join the journey.
- Happy Turtle – you gotta check out her latest project, Eastern Sunrise – the colour palette is fabulous
- Quilting Grandma - I’m so inspired by her journey into free motion quilting.
- Through My Window – this mixed media art quilter explores nature in her expressive work
- Buzy Day - I’ve just started folowing this lover of all things handmade!
My Questions to the nominees
- What or Who inspires you lately?
- What’s your favourite song/movie/tv show?
- When the going gets tough, what do you do to keep going?
- Share a favourite quote or saying (it could be yours)
- Share a favourite picture
I’m lately inspired by colour palettes – paint swatches at the Home Depot, flower bouquets in the supermarket, magazine spreads – especially design and home decor. Somehow, I find myself dissecting what I’m seeing into colour swatches and trying to understand what makes each hue work together.
My favourite song (Crazy – Patsy Cline), movie (Up), TV Show (The Big Bang Theory). My favourite quote – “change is good – you go first”. My favourite picture… well any shot of a Caribbean beach is my favourite – the one I’m sharing is of Pigeon Point, Tobago