Spent 2 hours to cut and sew a simple tote.. or so I thought. I opted to try using French seams, to give a clean finished look, and it was a good idea. But it took extra time. I left the top of the bag unfinished, as I like the raw edges of the fabric. I found the bag was a little floppy, but it held the gift for Anna, and that’s what counts. It can be stashed in the trunk, and used for shopping, or to schlepp toys around.
This is the You Tube link that I used to figure out how to sew the French seam, check it out!
I have so many new projects to start, yet when it’s time to sew, I can never find what I’m looking for, or worse, I forgot I bought it. I recently bought two fabulous pieces of Stonehenge by Northcott, only to come home and find I had them in my stash! Yikes!
So I decided to take stock – I’ve been squirreling away bits and pieces here and there, and after an exhaustive search, I laid it all out on the living room floor, and started organizing. It’s not cataloged yet (!), but it’s all now in one corner of my bedroom. I chose to store it here so that I will be forced to stop buying – if the stash continues to grow, i will be very inconvenienced!
the plan is to take snapshots of each fabric and upload them Somewhere-on-the-Internet, where I can easily reference them when I’m shopping. Not that I’m going to be doing much shopping in Toronto for a while. However, I will be making an exception, since I’m in Europe, and will likely come across some interesting fabric that is not easily available on the other side of the Atlantic.
That’s my excuse, anyway 😉
Believe it or not, the grand plan is to use ALL these fabrics in a quilt
Here are some better shots of the fabric. I will try to identify them when I’m back home (I’m currently blogging from the plane, it’s delayed at the gate!). I’m missing a few, will add them later on.