Irie Chopsticks Quilt

20120916-222210.jpg This is a pretty poorly lit snapshot of my latest project – for a better idea of the fabrics, take a look here. I spent a couple hours this weekend cutting fabric for my attempt at a chopsticks quilt – a Jaybird Quilts pattern I picked up at Sew Sisters earlier in the year. The stash of fabric that I had put together back in April for this quilt has diminished, as I did some thoughtful editing. I did buy too much of the Hawaiian print fabric, but not to worry, it will contribute to the backing perhaps, or another project, as the colours are too fabulous!

There was a LOT of cutting. And I’m not done, as I still have to cut the “frames” for the smaller triangles from the 7 prints. But I’m determined. I love the colour combination for this project, although I’ve opted not to use a pure solid green. I hope it all works out.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s