This is actually an old project of 4 coffee coasters that I completed in 2010, gave as a present, and forgot about it. I saw it recently on a visit, and thought I should get some pictures. This was one of my first attempts at binding – it’s all so wonky on the edges! I actually hand sewed the back of the binding… one of the few times you will ever see hand sewn work from me. It took ages to complete. The fabric was out of the discounted fat quarter bin at Sew Sisters, and the centre panels were fussy cut from one print. I used a purple japanese prints, as well as assorted batiks. Still wondering about some of the colour combinations (!), but as this gift was destined for a male friend, I wanted to avoid “girly” prints and colours.