Project Phoenix continues – Part 2

One of my struggles with this quilt is a constraint that I cannot buy any more fabric for this quilt. I’ve bought tonnes of fabric towards this quilt, and I’ve got to make it work with what I have. I had an Ohio star sewn in at the top right of the existing quilt top, and while it was gorgeous, it just did not work. So, I ripped it out and replaced it with more blue random patchwork. The picture below shows the quilt top with ripped out section, and a righteous mess on the living room floor as I pulled out tonnes of fabric to audition for borders.

my plan for today is to resist other projects, and focus on moving this quilt top along. It’s time to make this a reality. Wish me luck!

20130414-100607.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s